In Light of Eternity

 As we sit out on our deck on this beautiful spring evening we're so grateful for life. Every breath is a gift and as we walk out this journey we're thankful for the chance to live like we're dying. The past couple weeks the good o'l Tim McGraw song "Live like your dying" https://youtu.be/OJejCUfdnCM has been in my head alot. I grew up listening to his music and always wondered what it would be like to experience that song. Not knowing whether Jesse will be around in a year from now makes things real. I think that's how we're ment to live though, we take life and all of its glorious things for granted so often. Our life is so much sweeter now; Sunrises on our morning walks, watching our garden grow, taking moments and really cherishing them becasue we don't know and none of us really do.

I've been thinking alot about eternity lately and what it will be like. To be with Jesus face to face, to fall at His feet and worship Him continuously, to touch His scars and hear His voice.  To be honest sometimes i get envious of those who have gone to be with the Lord already. This world can be such a dark place but then I remember what my purpose is here and that God has called me here for such a time as this. I watched this video years ago from Francis Chan talking about our lives in perspective of eternity.  The bible talks about our lives being just a vapor, a flower that withers; its so short.  We want to live not for the here and now but for what is to come. https://youtu.be/86dsfBbZfWs

This past week Jesse and I made some decisions on the course of his treatment. We have decided to forgo chemo at this time and continue with the natural approaches we've been doing. We want to fully be able to embrace this summer with our kids and live it to the fullest. Some exciting news, we recieved the CT results and Jesse's tumors are shrinking, Thank you Jesus. We're feeling so peaceful about our decision and believe this is the route God has asked us to take for the time being.  We'll continue to have monthly bloodwork done and a CT at the end of August.

A song that's been on repeat this week: 
https://youtu.be/xjQfe6OwH64 


Psalm 56:
Be gracious to me, God, for a man has trampled upon me;
Fighting all day long he oppresses me.
My enemies have trampled upon me all day long,
For they are many who fight proudly against me.
When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.
 In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?
 All day long they distort my words;
All their thoughts are against me for evil.
They attack, they lurk,
They watch my steps,
As they have waited to take my life.
Because of their wickedness, will there be an escape for them?
In anger make the peoples fall down, God!
You have taken account of my miseries;
Put my tears in Your bottle.
Are they not in Your book?
Then my enemies will turn back on the day when I call;
This I know, that God is for me.
 In God, whose word I praise,
In the Lord, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid.
What can mankind do to me?
Your vows are binding upon me, God;
I will render thanksgiving offerings to You.
 For You have saved my soul from death,
Indeed my feet from stumbling,
So that I may walk before God
In the light of the living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Forward

Never Changing

Consider it ALL Joy