Prone to Wander

None of us are immune to hardship.  This past week God's been putting on our hearts to enjoy each day for what it is. Far to often we assume that we're going to grow old on this earth and live to be 90 but God never promised that.  " Be content with what you have, because God has said" Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you." So that we confidently say, "The Lord is my helper, I will NOT be afraid. What will man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6  We've never been promised an easy road here on earth. We're not promised tomorrow or even the next hour. But we are promised that He will never leave us or forsake us. There is so much peace and comfort in that. 

I was sent this song by my Dad this week and it spoke volumes to us as it talks about numbering our days. My Dad was in his transport truck bunk sleeping around 4am and all of the sudden his radio turned on and this song was playing. God's timing is not coincidence, it's absolutely perfect.  "So teach us to number our days; that we may present to You a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12    https://youtu.be/-2oul9dn0JU

The past few days we've been "prone to wander" https://youtu.be/XKOoeTbjSeI. We had a harder week with keeping our eyes focused on Jesus and looking more at the struggle of this journey.When we begin to take our eyes off of Jesus we begin to feel like we're drowning but God reminded us of Hebrews 12:1-2 : "Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  Jesse had an MRI done for the first time of his liver which showed quite a bit more lesions than the CT scan. Not to say they weren't there before but it was a hard reality to face again. It's a battle to live in reality but also know that God can heal Jesse if that's His will for him.  Jesse's been feeling physically amazing; he's in no pain and looks great! We're so thankful for that. We will be taking a family vacation coming up and enjoying one of his favourite fishing spots. We're looking forward to getting away and making some memories as a family. Yesterday we finished juicing for a whole week, which took our entire day! It will be wonderful to not think about the preparation of juicing when we're gone.

I had the pleasure of meeting a new friend, Melaine last week. Melanie lost her husband John almost a year ago to cancer. She has 3 beautiful kids very similar in ages to our kids. We shared our stories, laughed and cryed together. To have someone who fully understands the heartache, emotional rollercoaster and also the joys was such a blessing. God is so faithful!

We also got a chance to chat with an old friend at a wedding. He has been through a lot of hardship and encouraged our souls. He told us it's a choice that you get to make, you can choose to be bitter or to have joy. Each day is a gift, each breath is a gift so live life to the fullest. He also shared the joy that suffering has had in his life and the blessings that have come from it. We really are seeing that in our own journey too. 

"I'm learning to trust You even when I don't see it, I'm done chasing feelings; Spirit lead:"

https://youtu.be/ABWnLjXer10

I'm done supposing that I will have tomorrow, for it's time to live today.

There's a stream of trouble across my path;

it is dark and deep and wide.

Bitter the hour the future hath

When I cross its swelling tide. 

But I smile and sing and say;

"I will hope and trust alway;

I'll bear the sorrow that comes tomorrow, 

But I'll borrow none today."

Tomorrow's bridge is a dangerous thing;

I dare not cross it now.

I can see its timbers sway and swing,

and its arches reel and bow,

O heart, you must hope alway;

You must sing and trust and say:

"I'll bear the sorrow that comes tomorrow, 

But I'll borrow none today."  (a poem from "Streams in the Desert" devotional)

Blessings to you,

Jenn and Jesse 


Instagram:

lettherebelight_2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Forward

Never Changing

Consider it ALL Joy