Abundant Life

  I was talking with someone the other day and discussing the subject of death.  How our society is terrible at talking about this topic. We plan for our retirement, we plan our finances for the future but we never plan for death. Not many people talk about their wills, making sure they have life insurance and prearranging their funeral because that will never happen; especially at our age. If one thing in this life is for sure, it's that we all die no ifs ands or buts. So why don't we talk about this part that actually is so important.  I believe we have an enemy who doesn't want us to think about it and wants us to live our lives as "that will never happen." Because when we start to talk about death we have to start searching,  "is there a God? is there life after death?"  If the answer to that question is 'yes' then our life needs to change and living is no longer about us but for the glory of God. I don't know if I'm morbid but I think about death quite a bit, "what do I want my funeral to look like, what will people say about me." We have this on going joke with my family whenever we get a good picture of someone I say " good shot for the obituary." Because truthfully all of us will need that picture one day. But there is hope in all of this because "God so loved the world that he sent His son that whoever believes in Him(Jesus) will have eternal life. John 3:16. Life that word is so powerful. That's exactly what God is and gives us, Life. When we choose to put our trust in Him, He gives us life, abundant life.     

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came so that they would have life, and have it abundantly. John 10:10


Jesse will start chemo Monday morning and will be on a 2 week schedule. The doctor was surprised the cancer hadn't spread more and was anticipating it to be more aggressive, so that's good news. We are feeling peaceful about the next step but also nervous as to what this will look like. We appreciate your prayers in this time of transition again.


Blessings,

Jenn and Jesse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Forward

Never Changing

Consider it ALL Joy